170th Anniversary of the Arrival of the Pribislaw, 26 April 2020
April 26 @ 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
This celebration will take place at Ziebell’s Farmhouse, 100 Gardenia Rd, Thomastown, Vic. All descendants of Pribislaw passengers are invited. There were about 50 Wends who came to Australia on the Pribislaw, which was named after the last Wendish prince, who died in 1174. The ship was built in Ribnitz in Mecklenburg. The Bernstein Museum at Ribnitz has kindly arranged to build a scale model of the ship for Ziebell’s Farmhouse Museum. It will be unveiled at this Anniversary celebration.
Ziebell’s Farmhouse (c. 1850-51) is at 100 Gardenia Rd, Thomastown, Vic. It is Victoria’s oldest German immigrant building. From 20 October 2019 it will be open to the public every Sunday from 11.30 am to 3.00 pm.